Wednesday, January 05, 2005

126 days left - Booked Flight

Finally got in touch with the Japan Travel Bureau (http://www.jtbi.ca) today, spoke with Ginko Maeda and booked my tickets for my departure May 12th.

I'll be flying with American Airlines, leaving from Ottawa, stopping in Chicago and proceeding to Tokyo.

On the Ottawa - Chicago leg, I'll be flying in an Embraer 745 Regional Jet like this one:



For the Chicago - Tokyo leg, I'll be on a Boeing 777 like this one:



My detailed itinerary is as follows:

May 12th - 6:20AM EST
Depart Ottawa on American Airlines Flight 4308 for Chicago - Flight time: 2h 15min
May 12th - 8:35AM EST (7:35AM Chicago time)
Arrive Chicago O'Hare International Airport - Layover time: 3hr 30min
May 12th - 12:05PM EST (11:05 Chicago time)
Depart Chicago on American Airlines Flight 153 for Tokyo - Flight time 12hr 55min
May 13th - 1:00AM EST (2:00PM Tokyo Time)
Arrive Tokyo Narita International Airport - Met and picked up at airport by AEON Corporation Staff and taken to a Hotel in Omiya where I will begin my training on May 14th.

Time zones crossed: 12
Kilometers flown: 11,168
Total Travel Time: 18 hours and 40 minutes
Total Flight Time: 15 hours and 10 minutes


I got a really good deal on my flight too... I think so anyway. Total price with taxes is $822CAD as opposed to the $1864 USD which American is charging if I book directly through them for the exact same flight!!! I even took a screenshot to prove it... lol Anyone thinking of flying to Japan should definately check out the Japan Travel Bureau using the link I put in at the top of this post.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy, looks like you are really getting into this.
More Congrats & Good Luck.
Later...........

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home