Monday, February 21, 2005

80 days - Sad day

"I didn't ask for it to be over, but then again, I never asked for it to begin. For that's the way it is with life, as some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance. But even the most beautiful days eventually have their sunsets."

In Fall of 1999, a fellow I was working with named Bryan Redman introduced me to what was to become the love of my life for the next 6 years. We stumbled onto the subject by chance during normal guy stuff conversation. I had been looking to replace the oldie I'd been playing around with for 2 years. Wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a white one, a black one or something else. When Bryan let me take my first ride, I knew I wanted her. On November 6th, 1999, after making sure she was safe, I picked her up from the Canadian Tire Parking Lot in Vanier and she was legally mine. Thus began the longest relationship of this kind in my life.

Even though she had some mileage on her and I wasn't her first man, I knew we'd have a good time. I had just purchased my first vehicle ever. In 1999, at the age of 19, I bought the lovely 1997 Ford Ranger XL you see here and here and here.

We've had alot of good times over the past 6 years:

  • We made many a trip to the cottage, most notably to usher in the new Millenium, for multiple family functions and get togethers.
  • She's seen me through 2 of my moves. Helped out with moves to Ottawa from Ottawa, from Toronto and from London. Helped with a move from Ottawa to London, has helped move countless items of furniture, construction material, etc. over the years.
  • She's been an integral part of dozens of day hikes and camping trips, lugging too much gear which we then had to try and cram into small canoes. (see videos here)
Today, I all but finalized the sale of my little green truck. Gerry, whom I worked for at Stebbins where my father currently works, will be retiring in the next little while and has been looking for a truck to play around with once he's off work. The timing ended up being perfect, the price was right, and there you go it's just about a done deal. He's willing to wait until late April before taking ownership so that's perfect for me, cuts down on the amount of time I'll be without a vehicle.

So that's about that for now, I guess it is good news in the end but I will miss my good little green Ford... may just have to buy another one when I get back to Canada. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home