Friday, April 22, 2005

Michel-sensei... I like the sound of that

Received a card from the staff at my school today, they all refer to me as Michel - sensei... which I'll have to wrap my head around... though I like the sound of it!

Everyone says I'll love working there, one fellow-Canadian teacher from the West Coast has been there 3 years! very nice to hear.

Also got the email of the teacher I'll be replacing and will send him a quick note asking if he's got any pictures of the apartment...

Things are rolling along as my final three weeks here wind down:
  • Truck is sold, I'm handing it over on Tuesday morning... sniff sniff
  • I've started packing up some things I won't need from now until I leave, still have a little shopping to do but I'll wait until I have the cash from my truck in hand... just to be on the safe side. I think I'll get away with my garment bag (for my suits) and one suitcase... plus my skis of course...
  • 2 camping trips in the works, April 27-29 and May 3-6... probably both in Algonquin Park. It's unfortunate that the ice hasn't broken up on the lakes yet, I was hoping to see my favourite camping spot one final time but it's difficult to paddle a canoe on 6 inches of ice...
  • I think my departure is starting to be real for my little bros... I find Chrisitian is spending alot of time hanging around me these days and Seb keeps commenting on how little time we've got left... I certainly hope they're not preparing to wrench my heart out of my chest as I leave....
  • Still have to deal with cancelling a few things... insurance on my truck being one of them. I guess I'm in denial... I keep putting it off... lol

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous an expat said...

Michel sensei dont forget you will return to Canada, and there is the net to keep in contact with your family. Also they may have a chance to visit you, and you are going to feel the same sad way when it comes time for you to leave Japan.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Yes of course, don't worry about me... I'm quite excited about leaving and know I will have a blast while I'm away.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home