Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Weird week at work

You know what I found out today at work? I just don't care any more. I've been sending more bitchy "get this shit done now!" emails than I ever had... and bitch sessions galore about all kinds of stuff... I guess it's because I know I'm done in two days and my work is all done and I'm just counting the seconds or something... But one thing stood out today and really rubbed me the wrong way...

Now I ask you a question, What are some of the more important factors to take care of when "taking someone out to lunch?" Let's say, for example, that one of your employees was leaving and you wanted to "take him out to lunch." In my mind, 3 things quickly pop up to mind...
  1. Locale\Ambiance\Good food (Taken care of by a wonderful co-worker)
  2. Company\Conversation (It's the Parliament Pub, think politics may be the subject?)
  3. PICKING UP THE TAB!!! (Yeah that's right, kind of an important component to ignore)
Think for one single second of the social ineptness required to take your employee out to lunch and not bother to whip out either a) the corporate credit card for which you have a budget to pay for such things or b) your own wallet to at least cover the cost of a quick lunch and a glass of iced tea! "Here, let me take you out to lunch instead of you actually spending one of the few last precious lunch hours with people you actually care about... and oh yeah you're footing the bill too!".... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGG!

I've dealt with or ignored many things over the past years, so I don't know why this is bugging me so much but it may very well have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. After all that's gone on in the last week, I don't think I could bring myself to ever enter into a professional relationship with this person again, and that's really too bad because he's not a bad guy, he's just... innocent? naive? doesn't get the way the social world works? is totally socially inept? Don't know the answer, but I can't believe the guy is in a management position... and I intend to make my feelings finally heard!!!

Bah I say... bah...

Now I'm off to pick up my truck, and drive it back home from Calabogie, land of many deer... wish me luck.

p.s. I find writing this out has helped sooth me, I guess that's what these blogs are for after all... lol Now of course I'll have to restrict access to this post on Friday since I'll be sending the link to my blog out in my farewell email to the entire office....but it'll still be around....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home