Saturday, May 28, 2005

The big move...

No pictures yet cause I couldn't be bothered but I officially have a home address in Japan. I don't know what it is right now but it's mine dammit!!!

Seriously... moved out of the Washington Hotel this morning, not sorry to see it go. It's been a long week and I now feel it's been culminating to this point... I have a home! I was actually quite embarrassed at having the school's Manager and Assistant Manager help me trundle my luggage through the streets of Utsunomiya... not only did they help move my stuff but they made my bed for me for god's sake.... I helped but I'm not well versed in the art of futton-dom so they did most of the work. Oh and they bought me my first load of groceries! How cool is that! The fridge is full already.... one less thing to worry about.

Matt-sensei even left some beers in the fridge, one of which I may indulge in when I get home tonight.

Oh and I also biked for my first time in Japan... I think I may only trust myself in near-vacant streets for now... haven't quite wrapped my head around the left side of the street driving thing yet... but I made it to the Internet cafe in under 2 minutes....

After less than a week in town, I was invited into a student's home last night, though it was mostly indirect... final going away shindig for Matt... it was great! Scott and I tried to stay restrained since Saturday is such a long day at AEON... but they kept refilling glasses and supplementing half-empty cans of beer with full larger ones.... sheesh! And the food was great... though they kept apologizing we were just getting leftovers.... oh and the Honneydew melon!!!! My god it was to die for.... grown in Japan and obviously ripenned on the plant... not shipped in a truck from Florida to Ottawa....

Anywho... I think that's about it for now... I'll post again tomorrow with pics of the apartment...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home