Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Hard life...

Another good day at AEON, I'm now getting to teach students for the second time, which is very different... they're much more relaxed with me now, laugh much easier. I'm not getting much sleep for some reason... not sure why... maybe the tail-end of jet-lag or something... I'm not up at 5AM any more, mostly because I'm not in bed until late... once I get into a routine, it should be better...

Yesterday I was taking a stroll down Orion-dori, the main shopping drag here behind the office and oddly enough I hear my name called out. Now, considering the very limited amount of people who would recognize me in this town... though I'm not that hard to spot... I was quite surprised. Ends up it was Wasim, from Montreal, who flew in with me and trained with me in Omiya.... he's teaching in Oyama, just one stop down the line... maybe 15 minutes by Shinkansen. He was in the big city (Oyama's less than half the size of Utsunomiya and there ain't much there apparently) with one of the other teachers from his school. I followed them around a bit before heading out to buy myself a clock.

The time thing has to merit it's own segway here.... I was told by little B a couple of months ago about the Pisces obsession with time... whether it be conscious or not and I believe it now more than ever. When I walk in to my place, I usually take off my watch and lay it out on my dresser for the next day... well due to the lack of a prominent time display in my apartment I kept getting up throughout the day/evening to check my watch... so I finally bought a large face alarm clock thing... so problem solved. Well unfortunately when I set the time yesterday, I inadvertantly set it ahead one hour... and I didn't realize this until I was checking out of the Internet at the International Center this morning and took a look at their clock.... I had intended to go directly to work from there but even by Japanese expectations of foreign teachers... an hour and a half is too early...

Anywho, so it was a good day, tomorrow will certainly be as well... and here I sit in the Wall Street Cafe, sipping at a Vodka-tonic and writing on my blog... it's a hard life I tell ya... don't know how I'm gonna make it... lol Need to get into that Japanese language learning material I brought... should be much easier once my place is setup properly. Yoshi promises the extra crap will be moved out as soon as possible... but I know he's really busy right now and I made sure to let him know I'm not in any kind of rush... really...

Anywho, my Vodka's about done... if I keep writing I may have the urge to order another one and seeing as I don't know how much I'm paying for this one... I don't think that'd be a good idea... I think I'll mosy on over to Modern, a neat little Okinawan bar Scott point out to me the other night... the food looks quite good and I may just risk the language barrier to try it out! So wish me luck.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home