Thursday, June 16, 2005

Success!

The battle with between myself and Rician forces is over. Last night at 2200 hours, we moved in for our final assault with information garnered from master-code-breaker Noriyuki-Sensei. Within 15 minutes, it was all over, the rice was cooked and rather fluffy... I now have a base on which to build other meals... woohoo!

Secondly, had a minor teaching meltdown this week... though that may be exagerating a bit. My last lesson on Tuesday was an Encounter group lesson dealing with Interupting. I only had one student, it went well, we had fun, talked a bit about self-study before he left. I put all my things away like I usually do and headed on home around 9:15. The next evening, I had to teach the same lesson again... I go to the folder... no lesson. I look on my shelf, there's the textbook... but no lesson... A mini panic set in, though I knew I could teach without the materials... but a small searching frenzy ensued with the help of Scott and Stacy but the lesson didn't turn up. So I taught with no lesson plan and no materials, which went fine.... so I guess it wasn't really a "teaching" meltdown... So yesterday morning, I got in to work an hour and a half early to search for the missing lesson. Checked every classroom, every folder that made sense in the teacher's room, and reception... nothing.

Scott and I have come to a conclusion. Some time between Tuesday at 9PM and Wednesday at 6PM, a UFO landed on our building and dispatched a group of alien English teachers to come and seize this most excellent lesson. They will no doubt use it as a template to teach our language to generations of alien travellers, so I guess I should be kind of proud... they certainly wouldn't have gone through the trouble for a NOVA lesson... lol

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sean said...

Hey Mophonomoto Sensei,

There is one other option for the missing lesson on interrupting: a student has demonstrated his accute new knowlege on interruption by removing the lesson, thus interrupting you, the class, and all the people who helped look. See? No UFO's.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Kim said...

So one time this week, I had a private student who hasn't come since I started. The old teacher told me the next unit was VP11B; no problem, right?

So then imagine my surprise when the student comes, and tells me that she's finished 11B and wants to do 12A.

Yeah.

Teaching a whole lesson. Private student. No preparation at all. Zero. Zip. Nada.

I actually pulled it off. Didn't have drill cards or anything (obviously), but...it wasn't too bad.

Don't really want to do it again, but.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

After making their copies, the aliens returned the lesson to a different folder, one that 3 of us had checked... so it's back, and Stacy taught it on Saturday... sheesh.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home