Monday, August 15, 2005

Felt that one...

First time I feel a quake from my apartment... I guess I'm usually sleeping or something... and this was a big one... magnitude 7 (or 6.8 depending on where you read) where it hit. It hit about 50 kilometers from Sendai, and a small tsunami was created, nothing too too big.

Not sure how big it was here but it knocked some DVDs off my table... lasted for quite a few ( felt like 30-60?) seconds here... I had time to type out an email to Scott before it finished...

Just got in touch with Leah in Sendai, glad she's ok... there are reports of multiple injuries now coming in.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous S'mee said...

That will teach you not to put too much Yen in the vibrating Futon! You just had to re-wire it, din't you.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the you weren't affected by the earthquake. Earthquakes take some getting used to. Luckily we haven't had a big one. Glad to hear that Leah was all right as well.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home