Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The end of the Stacy Era (maybe)

As the Edo and Meiji eras forever changed the landscape of Japan, so has the Stacy era changed the landscape of our modest school. After much pomp and ceremony at Saturday's farewell party, Stacy's last moments with us today ended with a cozy pizza dinner with the staff.

Message to Stacy: I meant every word I wrote in that card to you, especially the heart of gold part... you are a phenomenal person and I feel priviledged to have known you, even if it was for a mere 3+ months. I wish you all the best in your travels, may see you in Aichi soon enough! May the wind always be at your back and all that jazz....

As a much wiser man than I once wrote:
"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again and meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."

From left to right: Yukiyo, Kanako, myself, Stacy, Satomi, Yoshi, Scotto, Madoka.


The foreign teaching contingent of AEON Utsunomiya


Japanese pizza is... different.... but mostly quite good.



Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous A Smarter Man said...

Hey....I didn't write that!

:-P

4:46 PM  
Anonymous A Wiser man said...

No, actually I did.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home