Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Two gentiles and a jew...

Just got home from a most excellent night with the boys. Hit our newest hip spot Kegon for a couple of drinks and a cigar... nice way to wind out after a busy day. The waiter had our orders down even though we'd only been there once previously, amazing service!!!

Oh wait a minute, it's counselling week and we're not teaching... scratch the "busy day" part... I folded flyers most of the day... lol Just a nice evening out then... lol Pretty damn good life out here, as we keep getting reminded. Start the day off with a coffee at Tully's end it with drinks and 'gars at a nice lounge... couldn't ask for much more... a little more... but not much more...

Here be the group, next time I'll try and get more of a feel for the bar in the pictures, really cool place, nice atmosphere... guess who had a day off? The guy without a tie maybe?


Here be "The Godfather" as I was nicknamed by the crew...


Warmed Grand Marnier in a snifter... quite lovely... goes well with the cigars... Scott seemed to get some smoke in his eyes for this one, I swear there isn't some strange kind of "weed" in these cigars... lol


Good night out with the lads. Nice to have some people out here to relate to. Looks like Alex will be flying out with me to Beijing, will be nice to have him around. He knows some folks out there who will take us around too... woohoo!

On another cooking related note, here is the Pad Thai I made for my little lady the other night. Quite yummy!


And I even got to use my very own chopsticks! The first set I buy out here in Japan... The wine was ok, but I'll definately be sticking with Mission St-Vincent Bordeaux from here on in... a lovely dinner, made quite the impression of course, not many men out here cook. I love cooking, too bad my kitchen suck otherwise I'd do alot more of it.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous no one said...

Your pad thai looks delicious, however, the chopsticks look better placed under the plate rather than above. Its kind of like putting a fork above the plate.

You said not many men cook here, but how many men have you dated? Some men cook here the same way some men cook in Canada and some dont. Besides, a lot of single men here have the same problem you do, no room to cook much.

No need to apologize, I'll just take your wine suggestion as apology enough :-)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

You are absolutely correct... I shouldn't have made the generalization so specific... I think many people here don't often cook... men and women. Difficult to cook when single, small kitchen, working 20 hours a day... fully understandable and there's nothing wrong with it. After all, that's why there's the wonderful Bento industry right? lol

Thanks for the tip on the sticks, will keep it in mind, and you really should give the wine a shot, it is quite good.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous MOM LAMBERT said...

IT LOOKS AS IF MY BOY IS AN INTERNATIONAL STAR. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A STAR IN MY EYES. KEEP THE PICTURES COMING!!!!!!!!!!! luv ya da mama

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home