Monday, December 12, 2005

Delicious delicacies from Al-Noor

Had a most excellent meal at Al-Noor last night after our cold hike out to Yamaya for some supplies where I loaded up on couscous, pasta and soup. Of course after receiving emails back from home telling me with windchill it's feeling like -28 out there, I shouldn't complain about the low of -3 we've got going here...lol

Al-Noor is of course THE best Indian food this side of Tokyo, as I've been told by those in the know. Unfortunately, due to a change in schedule 3 months ago, we haven't been able to head there for lunch so we've been only a few times which makes the food just that much better. Many people know about this fabulous place, but for those of you who don't, here's a pic of the storefront and a map... GO THERE!!!



This is the master at work, making up our fabulous dishes.


This was the feast last night... Buttered Prawn Curry on the right, Mutton Saag on the bottom left and some Potato Saag on the top left... and of course, the crowning glory of Indian curry shops... NAN BREAD! We had Garlic Nan this time around... and had to order a third because it was so good. We ate like Maharajas. As you can see, Scott couldn't wait for me to take a picture before attacking it... lol


Scotto and the master after we'd cleared up our bill... fantastic meal.


Sad thing about Indian food is that people think it's too spicy for them. It all depends on what you order, especially here in Japan where people's tastes aren't spicy oriented. You can order up any curry or dish you'd like at Al-Noor and ask for it to be mild... it's not that difficult! Go for it! You'll be glad you did.

So in two hours I'll be back at work after another marvelous weekend. Haven't heard back from Arai-san about the ski trip on Sunday... if it doesn't work out, I may try and quickly put together a trip out to Hunter Mountain for Monday with Alex and Scott if he's up to it... we'll see.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anskov said...

I just had a friend in town this weekend from Manhattan. He's originally from New Delhi and owns and operates probably the best Indian restaurant in the US (www.devinyc.com). He has a cookbook out "Indian Home Cooking" which I've sent with my other books to the school. I love this cookbook - and as it's mostly stovetop cooking, I should be able to do well in my apartment kitchen. It would be fun to get a group together and make some curries or dals and spiced rice dishes. I'm looking forward to trying Al-Noor

2:13 PM  
Anonymous riezo said...

Hi. I got back from Paris and London !
yours looks yummy!
I updated some pictures from there so please visit my blog when you have a time !
I am sure it makes you sooooooooo hungry !

getting cold so please take care !

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit!! You can't post pictures like that! I know what I'm missing... especially that nan picture!!!

-Matt

8:11 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

I only hope Ueda has a respectable curry shop or two for you... otherwise you are of course welcome back to Utsuno to check out Al-Noor again... we'll save you a seat.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home