Thursday, December 15, 2005

Nice weekend ahead...

It's been a pretty good week so far, as long as you discount the stupidly annoying pain in the neck I've had since waking up Wednesday morning... either I slept wrong or I had a skiing accident in my dreams, I'm not sure... It's getting better with each passing day, and I should be in tip top form for the Sunday ski trip... If not, I've got some pain killers that'll make me think like my neck is ok so I can ski anyway... lol

So the ski trip is in fact ON! We are heading to Kawaba, in Gunma prefecture. Looks like a nice little hill (elevation of the top peak is 2000 meters, a little more than twice Mont Tremblant, but with MANY less runs), and it's opening this weekend so conditions should be good, and worth the drive out there. Happy Motoki is taking us out there and we are meeting a student and his wife there who are leaving from Saitama. Will be taking along the full photographic aparatus, along with the extra lenses, so I should have some nice shots, assuming the skies open up a bit.

Gave my skis a waxing last night using the simplest method known to man... the liquid wax...


Pretty simple, pour a little on the ski, spread it around with a sponge, let it dry, then buff it with a cork... I would have prefferred a hot wax but for the amount of effort I would have had to pout in to it, it wouldn't have been worth it. Sad that there ain't a place around that does it, Alex checked a bunch out... CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE SLOPES AGAIN!!! In fact, I think this may be the earliest I've ever been skiing... most places back home are open by now but the conditions have never been good enough to draw me out there with my new skis... with rentals I don't care running over grass and rocks, 1000$+ skis which I bought myself... I'll wait until there's a good covering... lol Kawaba is reporting more than a meter of snow so far, gotta love what elevation does to the ski conditions...

Shipped off the Christmas gifts for home yesterday for a measly 5000 Yen, not too shabby... I like the fact that they take only the weight into consideration, not the size of the box, which I think is the multiplier that makes things pricy back home. They should be there some time next week. I don't think they'll make it to my little Kadance in time, but that's no biggie I think...

It's getting to crunch time for the China trip... still have to figure out a few things, but most of my days are planned out. I'll post an itinerary on here before I leave, let you know when I'll be where and such... My hotel room has Internet access so I will be posting pictures throughout the trip, I can't wait!!!

Anywho, got a couple more things to do before heading to work, catch yaz all l8r.



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home