Friday, January 06, 2006

An easy return to work

Well the work week is just about over, and it's been pretty mellow so far seeing as it's counselling week and all lessons but privates are cancelled. We've been kept at a steady pace nonetheless with workshops and lesson observation\feedback sessions, so it's been pretty good.

It's quite nice to be back in Japan, where I can understand at least some of what is being said around me, where cars stop when they see you start to cross a street, where I can actually have daily conversations with people... great to be back! Everything here is new again, which is why this trip was a good idea. Still haven't gotten in touch with my parents since I've gotten back, they must still be at the cottage, if they read this: I'm back safe, didn't kiss any birds so I shouldn't have bird flu, and wasn't beaten by the PLA.

Plans for January are shaping up nicely... looks like a party on the 14th, possible skiing on the 15th and later this month. This weekend's plans should be interesting... it's "meet the parents" time for me on Sunday, I am looking forward to it, should be interesting. Neither of her parents speaks English, and a foreigner has never darkened their doorstep so lunch on Sunday should be a rather interesting event!

Anywho, gotta clean up a bit and head off to work, aurevoir.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just an observer who read that you will meet your girlfriend`s parents. I know nothing of the woman or her parents so this may not be the case in your situation, however, I do know that in Japan to meet ones boyfriend or girlfriends parents isnt as casual as it may seem. Some people may see this as a sign that the relationship is serious and may lead to marriage. The Japanese people involved may not say this to you but depending on her family they may be thinking it. Just so you know.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Thank you for your concern! I know this is a bigger step in Japan in most cases than back home. I am perfectly happy with the direction things are going, and while we haven't yet uttered the M word, it has been floating around in my head for a while.... yikes!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home