Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mini-rant...

Had to get up early for a fire alarm test this morning..... it seems my building tests the functioning of the fire alarms more often than I change my underwear. Luckily I have a camera phone and was able to get the lady in my life to translate the note I found on my door last night, otherwise I would have been surprised as all hell with the 2 men barging into my apartment at 9:25 this morning... I've thought of asking Nakada-san to call the landlord and ask for a little more notice when they need to enter my apartment so that I can get the note translated, but I guess it's not that big of a deal, it's only happened 3 times since I've been here.... so once every 3 months or so.

Had another FANTASTIC lunch at Cafe Praktica yesterday. Alex and I had 3 hour breaks so we took the time to have a nice sit down lunch and one of their amazing coffees. I had the Vietnamese Curry while Alex tried the Borscht. I will have the Borscht next time I think, haven't tried it so far. It's such a nice place for a nice relaxed meal, the people there are great and the food just seems to keep getting better and better. I especially like that they are using a cracked rice instead of just the regular stuff, nice change.

So Alex-sensei will be leaving us shortly, he will be greatly missed. We've had a blast these past months, he's certainly spiced up the atmosphere at the school. The new teacher Matt is in the middle of training now and arrives here next Monday, we look forward to meeting him and hope he works out! His Welcome Party is on the 28th, I doubt i will make it to the second party... these AEON things are fun, but sometimes feel like work...

This weekend promises to be a good one. Friday is dinner with my lady, Sunday is skiing at ALTS and then Monday I'll be slapping together some dinner for a special birthday dinner. A request has been made for some sort of tomato\cheese cream pasta, I will see what I can do with the ingredients I find at the supermarket.




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger FreeThinker said...

How's the sushi there?

9:44 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Sushi here is pretty good, though I must admit I have never actually easten at a Sushi only restaurant, nor was I a sushi afficionado before coming here so I don't have much of a basis for comparison.

I've mostly eaten sushi at people's homes and it's been pretty damn good so I guess the selection of fresh sushi at the supermarkets is probably pretty good. I've heard the freshest stuff can be found in Tokyo, I've never tried.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home