Friday, April 28, 2006

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say... goodbye


Oops, sorry, got carried away with the lyrics (Leaving on a Jet Plane) there for a bit... good song though, and highly relevant as I am about to depart this great city of Utsunomiya for the great city of Ottawa. Tomorrow morning I just have to clean up a bit, pack up my toothbrush and say goodbye to my apartment for 9 nights. Of course, between me leaving and me getting there are quite a few things, not the least of which is a full day of work.

I took today off to pack and prepare for the trip as well as to cook dinner (Pad Thai and Rice Pudding) for Yoshiko. Tomorrow after work, we're hitting up Le Metro, the new place opened by the couple of Cafe Praktica fame, for dinner and I'm hopping a train on Sunday morning at 11 for the airport. Then the arduous journey truly begins.

My first flight leaves Tokyo at 16:00 and travels over 8200 kilometers in 9 hours to San Francisco, where I wait 3 hours. My next flight leaves at 12:40 and travels over 3300 kilometers in 4 hours to Detroit, where I wait for about an hour before making the final 700 kilometers to Ottawa in about 2 hours. Total travel time is 19 hours, which is an hour longer than it took me to get to Japan last May. Coming back I only stop in Detroit though, so that ain't too bad.

So that's it that's all... Sayonara, Arrivaderchi, Aurevoir and all that... see youz all in one week. I will likely be making a few posts from home, but I'm not making any promises as it will be a very busy week. Have a nice Golden Week everyone!


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home