Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Return

This morning, at approximately 11:30, an event of monumental proportions occurred in Utsunomiya: The return to the Tully's patio. Quite nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy a coffee on a nice sunny day again after our Winter hiatus. Scott was doing his drawing, I did a little Hiragana practice, it sure is a great way to start the day.

An even better way to start the day is by looking out my window these days with the blossoms just about in full bloom behind my apartment.


After our coffee this morning, we headed up the steps of Futarayama shrine to check out the couple of trees they had up there.


People keep asking me if I've gone drinking under the cherry blossoms yet, this is certainly the time of year for outdoors parties as can be heard into the wee hours of the morning. Since I am in a direct path between Hachimanyama park and the center of town, there've been quite a few drunks running around the streets at night... let it never again be said that foreigners cause too much noise in the streets of Japan... a drunk salaryman's laugh is the loudest thing I've heard out here so far.

Of course, with these blossoms announcing the return of spring, I don't blame anyone for being in a bit of a party mood.


At some point we hope to make it into one of the parks\temples for a bit of lunch under the trees. Lots of people are taking advantage of the weather to do just that and restaurants are advertising special hanami bento boxes for the park goers.


Anywho, that's about it for the news this Thursday... I'd better get back to work, another 2 lessons to go for today.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous alex said...

im sure missing dat!!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home