Saturday, May 13, 2006

Making an honest man out of me...

2 hours ago, a mere few meters from where we shared our first kiss 7 months ago, I proposed. I'll spare you the usual cliches, but needless to say we are both ecstatic about making a commitment to each other and are ready to embark on our life together. In other news, today marked one year since I landed in Japan, who'd of thunk I'd be engaged by this marker? Everyone at the office joked I'd be coming home with a cute Japanese girl, but I just laughed it off... and yet here I am!

Gnight all, 'tis late out here in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Wednsday Beer Crew, Ray. said...

Congratulation!

I wana see your fiance.
Please upload some pictures.

Wednsday Beer Crew, Ray.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Kinuk said...

Congratulations!! I hope you'll both be very happy together. Will the wedding be in Canada or Japan...or haven't you discussed that yet?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

The wedding will be in Canada, some time after our return next Spring.

Thanks for the congrats!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous S'Mee said...

Thank GOD that's finally out. It's been a tough one not to let slip out. Hey, not my fault, it's big news! Like "Flower Mountain" sized news, not to be confused with Brokeback Mountain, though there seems to be some unfounded concern there too. *SLAP*

My official, and loudly vocalized Congratulations!! You realize, you are going to have to pick up a 2-man camping hammock now, right?

S'Mee

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home