Sunday, May 28, 2006

Off to Nikko!

Heading out to Nikko this morning with Matto "the natto" Sensei. This will be my 4th trip up there, it's quite lovely. Will get to see the Toshogu again today, along with a few other things I haven't had the opportunity to check out.

On Saturday night, with the help of a map, I did finally find my new home and had a peek inside. It's not much bigger than my current place, but has a better layout and a much bigger balcony which has windows on the outside so it actually serves as a 3rd room. It's a corner unit so I have a nice big window with a large window sill where I can set out some plants. The entire building has only 6 units, I am on the top floor with nothing but the terrace above me! Should be great. The best thing about it is that it is NEW. The floors are shiny, the walls are clean, the toilet has fancy buttons on the side of it that do god knows what... lol Should be nice! Moving next weekend.

Yesterday, Yoshiko and I headed out to see the DaVinci Code. I found it good, though of course not as good as the book. The actors playing Lee and Silus stood out more than Tom Hanks, who unfortunately in the part of a reserved, cramped space fearing Harvard professor, didn't have much of a character to play with. Silas was absolutely frightening and disturbing in almost any scene he enters, especially the self-flagellation sequence where he atones for his actions by whipping himself to a bloody pulp while wearing the silice. Ian McKellen as Lee was absolutely fantastic. He has a presence that is so stately and wise... gotta love our good ol' friend Gandalf!

Anywho, better get ready to go. Pics tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anskov said...

Matto the natto? Hrumpfh.....

8:38 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

No no no, Matto "the natto" Sensei... think of it more like a stinky mob pseudonym...

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home