Sunday, June 04, 2006

Well, the hard part is done

It took us only 4 trips and a couple of hours to get all my crap moved into the new apartment today. Had I not needed to move all the furnishing of the apartment (AEON will no longer be using it) it would have taken just one trip. This is a good trial run for the final departure next year... so long as I don't accumulate too much crap between now and then, I should be fine.
Tomorrow, I need to head to the old place and clean up, bag the pile of trash I left in the middle of the room and then setup everything in my new apartment.
Tired, sleepy, but satisfied that we got it all done. Great big thanks to my lovely Yoshiko for her invaluable help today!
In other news, there has been a significant terrorism-related bust in Ontario. 17 people have been arrested on charges of planning a major bombing after gathering 3 tons of fertilizer (that's 3 times the amount used in the Oklahoma bombing in 1995 by the way) and starting to build the detonator. What pisses me off about these monsters is that all of them were residents, and some were even citizens of Canada. We had accepted them into our country with open arms, provided a home for them as an escape to their war torn homelands. After years of living the life and taking advantage of our way of life, they attempt an attack on that very same way of life. Don't these guys see the irony here?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dak said...

I've been watching this intently. It's absolutely amazing! I'm in awe of what they were planning. What blows my mind is the fact that law enforcement are trying to downplay their jihadi connection by saying that the 17 arrested come from "a broad strata" of society. I found this list of their names from a blog I read...

1. Fahim Ahmad, 21, Toronto;
2. Zakaria Amara, 20, Mississauga, Ont.;
3. Asad Ansari, 21, Mississauga;
4. Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, Mississauga;
5. Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, Mississauga;
6. Mohammed Dirie, 22, Kingston, Ont.;
7. Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, Kingston;
8. Jahmaal James, 23, Toronto;
9. Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, Toronto;
10. Steven Vikash Chand alias Abdul Shakur, 25, Toronto;
11. Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, Mississauga;
12. Saad Khalid, 19, of Eclipse Avenue, Mississauga.


Apparently, this was all started by some internet monitoring in a chatroom where people with terrorist ties gathered.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home