Tuesday, July 04, 2006

26 Things, a trial run

Greetings and Salutations to all. Lovely weather these days in small town Utsunomiya, a little wet but the humidity has broken and we're experience some cool nights which are fantastic for sleeping.

I stumbled upon an interesting photo scavenger hunt online the other day and I've decided to jump into it. It's called 26 Things, and essentially puts out a list of 26 words every once in a while and it's up to you to go nuts, be creative and come up with the matching photographs. From what I can see on the archived list, the words given are open to interpretation, which gives you a lot of leeway. So I've decided to get in on this action, but will set my own pace and will start with the first list, from July 2003 which is:
Love,You,Food,New,Animal,Scape,Sound,Construction,Home,Time,Transport,Light,Water,
Colour,Signage,Numbers,Authority,Symmetry,Empty,Sunset,Weather,Communication,Little,
Things,Money,Monument

Should be an amusing way to pass some time, and a good way to refocus my photography interests. To start with, I did a scavenger hunt through the photos I already had to see what I could come up with to match this list. From the 3000+ pictures I've taken so far, I was able to find pictures to match all 26 themes. I've also decided my memory is pretty good, almost every word brought one particular picture to mind and I was able to find it quickly. The whole blogging thing must be helping improve my retention of what's happening to me out here. Anywho, without further ado, I present to you "26 Things" - July 2003.
Love

Couple cuddling - Yokohama

You

Me on the Great Wall - Badaling, China

Food

Crispy fish at a Yatai during Mia Matsuri - Utsunomiya

New

Newly opened plum blossoms - Utsunomiya

Animal

Sleeping cat - Asakusa

Scape

Mountains of Fukushima - Takatsue Ski Resort

Sound

Alex on the Sanshin - Utsunomiya

Construction

Down with the old, up with the new near Futarayama shrine - Utsunomiya

Home

Couldn't find anything matching here, the first thing I did was go to the trip I took to Canada two months ago... I guess that's my home.... This is the view from my old apartment, the best feature in an otherwise nasty old building.... much nicer apartment now.

Time

Ferris Wheel - Yokohama

Transport

Shufu loading up her groceries for the trip home outside Nagasakiya - Utsunomiya

Light

A break in the clouds - Chuzenjiko

Water

Kegon no taki - Nikko

Colour

Neon signs - Omiya

Signage

Tanning salon - Utsunomiya

Numbers

Flight board at Narita Airport - Narita

Authority

Police officers outside their koban - Utsunomiya

Symmetry

The peaceful face of the Daibutsu - Kamakura

Empty

A courtyard of the Forbidden City being slowly draped in snow - Beijing, China

Sunset

Mount Fuji outlined by a sunset seen from the landmark tower- Yokohama

Weather

Guard Towers disappearing into the fog on the City Walls - Xian, China

Communication

Utsunomiya Tower in Hachimanyama Park- Utsunomiya

Little

Tiny car - Tochigi city

Things

The things people discard - Oya

Money

Luxury cars outside the Shinto office of the Meiji Shrine - Harajuku

Monument

The Flame of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Ueno

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bobbins said...

Awesome pics to match the themes. I love the "NEW" and "EMPTY" ones. I need to check out this site. I have so many photos!

One question ... why the hell is Alex playing a guitar attached to a snake? THats nasty!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

I think it was made in Okinawa or something, traditional Japanese instrument.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a sanshin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanshin

11:22 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Absolutely correct! Sanshin, three strings... duh... thanks for the correction.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home