Thursday, December 21, 2006

Cue the music...

As the song goes, all my bags are packed and I am once again ready to go. In about 28 hours, we'll be leaving Utsunomiya and not stopping until we reach Siem Reap, Cambodia! After spending a couple of days there, we're boating down to Phnom Penh, staying for a couple more days before making the hop by plane to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam where we will have a mellow 5 days before returning to Japan on January 1st.

Quite a trip ahead of us. We have to take a taxi, a bus, 3 planes, and a car, traveling through 4 airports in 4 countries before we find ourselves safe and sound in our hotel for the night. The good news is we won't be arriving too late and will be able to get a good night's rest before embarking on our trek through the temples of Angkor.

Got pretty much all my packing finished up tonight and I'm quite proud of the job I did. I opted to go with my backpack for this trip, and looks like I made the right choice. I'm sure when Sherry gave me this kick-ass bag a couple of years back, she had no idea it would travel halfway around the world! Great piece of equipment to have, it has helped me out on many a trip into the wilds of Algonquin Park. So here she be, all packed and ready to go with the requisite Tilley hat of course.


And here she be in airport mode. I don't want any problems with the straps or getting the bag ripped and stuff so I got this huge duffel for 1000Yen in Ueno last time we were there. The duffel folds right up into this tiny pouch so I can store it easily. Notice the carry-on bag on the side, it's one of my favourite features from the backpack. The front comes off and converts to a little day pack, how's that for convenient!


So that's that for the trip. We've got our taxi reserved, our bus tickets to the airport purchased and I just have one day of work between me and a well deserved holiday.

On that note, I have just 2 months left with Aeon before my contract ends. We've started working on the paperwork and procedures for my departure and the hand off to the next teacher. Surprised at how it's kind of sneaked up on me, and those at the school as well.

So that's about that. I have no clue when I'll be back online so here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. For those of you in Canada, see you soon!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year to you and yours. Have a great trip and be safe! The Ladouceurs.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so,opium...

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home