Friday, April 27, 2007

Finally, some pictures of Ottawa

Well, as promised in my last post, I have some photos! Yesterday, Yoshiko and I hopped on our bikes and headed down the river towards downtown. As we got to the bike path which runs along the river, (Ottawa has over 170km of bike paths) we spotted a little groundhog poking his head out of a hole. Yoshiko and I have really been enjoying the little critters that run around Ottawa. In our first few days, we spotted squirrels, groundhogs, a raccoon, ducks, geese, and countless little birds... all without leaving our neighbourhood!

Since I'd actually taken my camera with me this time around, I took it out, lined up a shot and snapped away.


Unfortunately, dumbass that I am, my batteries died on me after the second picture I took. Ok, no problem, dig into my bag, whip out my spare set.... DEAD! Doh! I guess that's what you get for not using or charging your batteries for a month... so I spent the rest of the day admiring the views, but not taking pictures. No biggie, since the day was overcast and I really want to showcase Ottawa under the usual blue skies... so there...

Here is a photo Yoshiko took from the side of the bike path looking out over the Ottawa river to downtown Ottawa. Those pointy buildings in the center are the Parliament buildings. The water is pretty high this time of year with the spring runoff from the melting snow upstream. Really nice bike ride with all the migratory birds flying back.


We had a very nice afternoon of biking, clocking something along the lines of 15 kilometers from our house to downtown and back up the Rideau Canal. The tulips seems to be just about ready to burst so we will definitely head back down next week with batteries fully charged this time...

Tomorrow, I plan to have a look at a very promising vehicle, and I hope everything works out! Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anskov said...

Great pic of the groundhog. I'm enjoying Beijing and will definitely give you some commentary on it on my next blog. The main thing I'm noticing is that there is so much construction going on getting things ready for the 2008 games. Hey, e-mail me with Alex's e-mail. I don't think I have it any more.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home