Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yes, I am still alive...

...just not in much of a blogging mood is all. I'm usually a late evening blogger and what with us still getting over jet lag, the evening are spent just trying to stay awake to allow us as much night time sleep as possible.

All is going well as we round the corner on our first week in Canada. We've done a lot of walking around the neighborhood and the other day we took a lovely bike ride down the river and spotted the first migratory bird arrivals of the season. The shores of the Ottawa river are full of ducks and Canada Geese this time of year as they make their way back from their winter feeding grounds. Of course, I have yet to unpack my camera and so have nothing to show you, but I promise I will take some tomorrow. We'll be biking downtown and back up the Rideau Canal and hoping to spot some early blooming tulips.

Our apartment downstairs is still coming along, we haven't done much in the last few days, kinda taking it mellow. We've gotten comfy though.

On the job front, I'm on another resume editing\application spurt... have until midnight tonight to get my resume and letter to an interesting position in the government, we shall see. The opportunity I'd spotted while still in Japan was unfortunately filled before I got here, but thems the breaks as they say.

Yoshiko is doing well so far, though she does miss the food and the word "big" seems to come out of her mouth a lot around meal times... We've taken to ordering one order of something at the restaurant and sharing, hoping to keep our weight to a manageable level. I have enjoyed getting back into the kitchen though, this week's masterpiece was a pork roast glazed with a port wine sauce... yum! Next on the menu at some point will be my trademark Beef Stroganoff which I've been telling Yoshiko about for 2 years now....

Anywho, that's about it for now. Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anskov said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, man. I haven't blogged since I left Japan either - the Internet speed here in China is a little slow so I have not had the energy to try and upload photos to blogger. Went to the Badaling section of the Great Wall. When you're there, "Great" seems like a bit of an understatement, or maybe I've just for the first time heard it used appropriately - it's truly amazing. Forbidden City tomorrow. Post some pics, man.
マットット

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness I never really thought about our food portions before but you are definitly right, they are rather large. Man I hate to admit this especially in writing but i do really miss Ottawa and all the fun stuff it has to offer. I told Jeanie if can get his mother OUT I would consider moving back. anywho hope all is well and good luck with the job thing although it must be nice to have some time off. Enjoy it because knowing you Mitch you will be back to work in no time flat. You are a lot like jeanie in that aspect things always seem to work out for the better. Bought a futon today and don't worry i got the cushey matress I would like you to stay a while. hehehee especialy with that yummy cooking port sauce ehh well than i can't wait. Take care all our love the ladouceur household

7:47 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Mattoto!

Nice to hear from ya traveling guy! How was Korea! Glad you're enjoying Peking, nice place to visit this time of year no doubt.... no snow like during my trip I bet.

Ladouceur lady!

We can be down there in a jiffy, you just need to give me a date for the trip!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i would like to see you guys tomorrow hows that work for you? Just kidding well not really any who Jeanie should be firming something up soon. loads of love. ygkhm

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home