Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ottawa's version of Hanami



I don't usually start a post with a picture, but damned if I didn't outdo myself on that one if I do say so myself. These lovely tulips are blooming throughout the city at the moment as the Ottawa Tulip Festival started up last weekend. Here is my dear wife next to a tulip bed.


Yesterday morning, Yoshiko and I hopped on our bikes and headed to the Dow's Lake area to check out the early blooming tulips and we weren't disappointed. About half of the tulip beds are in full bloom right now with more sure to come with the spectacular weather we're been enjoying. One of the top festivals in Ottawa (IMHO) is the Tulip Festival, about which I will post more when we travel the whole Tulip Route by bicycle tomorrow.

Here are a few more previews... some of the tulips along the canal near Dow's Lake:



These ones were so vibrantly red that they looked fake!



In other news, the job hunt is putting along. Applied for another couple yesterday, will keep an eye out for more. I may be just about ready to grab a tech support position if one comes by and I like it, just to give me a little cash to add to the reserves while I find that "perfect" job. Today, Yoshiko and I headed out into the bush in Calabogie for a bit of a hike and a picnic... quite nice to be back! Pictures from that will be posted tomorrow.

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Well thanks!

7:53 PM  
Blogger JLB said...

How lovely!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home