Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Yoshiko and I have been keeping a bit of a secret since shortly after our arrival here in Canada. In the last few months, we've told our family and friends, and now it's time to let the rest of the world know.

We are going to be parents! Our little boy or girl will be born on or around December 23rd according to current estimates. We and our families are of course elated and are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our little Christmas baby.

Here is our most recent ultrasound picture, taken on June 13th which was a little over 13 weeks into the pregnancy. Already you can clearly see the head, spinal cord and even a hand waving to the world... very cool!


We'll be going in again shortly for another Ultrasound to check anatomy and hopefully determine whether we should be looking at boys names or girls names... we've decided to go with Japanese names, do you have any suggestions???

8 Comments:

Blogger godzilla_rabbit said...

Congrats Dad,
You ‘d be kind to Yoshiko more, cause she is not alone.
Ray

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely news! You put a smile on my face today!

Congratulations!

Misome.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Anskov said...

Congrats to you and Yoshiko. If it's a boy, Matto the Natto has a nice ring to it I think.

Hey, I bought a tent and sleeping bag this weekend. You guys wanna come down to Voyageurs Nat'l. Park in Northern Minnesota and go camping sometime? :D

10:28 AM  
Blogger tornados28 said...

Congratulations. Are you going to find out the gender? Some people say to wait and others say they can't wait and want to find out right away. I personally recommend waiting. The day my child was born and I immediately saw his little wee wee was the best feeling in the world.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michel,

Doing some cleaning of my contacts, I realize I had your link to your blog... Haven't heard about your life since you left for Japan and now I quickly see all the good things happening to you! Quite amazing what you have lived over the past 3 years! Very happy for you and your wife!!! I will definitely take time to read your adventure, it's seems to read like a bestseller!

Francis Lecomte (remember, the former lawyer at OR???)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Francis! Nice to hear from you! Es-tu encore a Montreal?

9:09 PM  
Anonymous doumouse said...

I've seen the same picture at aeon put on this blog. Someone seemed to try enlarging it as a big poster and putting it each rooms, lobby and on the street with sign "be careful of STP."
It's OK I give your baby my name,even girl.
Say hello to your baby.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Louana said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home