Sunday, October 07, 2007

The return of hockey... Go Sens Go!

Last night marked my return to this lovely building, for the first time in 3 years or so... With the NHL season starting up again this week, I was lucky enough to score tickets to last night's game!


This was to be Yoshiko's first introduction to hockey here in Canada and it turned out to be a good game! Ottawa beat the New York Rangers 2 nothing, improving their record to 3 wins, no losses so far this year. Fantastic! Lots of hitting, pretty rough game, and we even got to see a fight just below us. The seats graciously given to us were great, in the first row of the 200 level, and came with a parking pass!


We had a great view of the net for both Ottawa goals, with the visiting team's net at our end of the rink for 2 out of the 3 periods. It was great fun!


In other news, we are now just one week away from the arrival of Yoshiko's family and our little anniversary bash down at Les Fougeres next Sunday. Looking forward to seeing my in-laws again, and we've got a nice ride booked on the Hull-Chelsea-Wakefield Steam Train to see the lovely fall colours which are coming along nicely.

And on that note, I'd better get dressed, got some stuff to do today before the stores close for tomorrow's holiday. Happy Turkey Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Anskov said...

I'm so envious you got hockey tickets. Ticket's to Wild games here in the Twin Cities are 100 bucks a pop. I think I'll be watching the University of Minnesota Gophers instead - a bit cheaper. I hope you guys have a nice anniversary celebration.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Christelle said...

You don't know me and I forget now you told me about you, but I have to tell you I love your blog! I'm from Ottawa, but am currently married to a Japanese man and living in Japan (just north of where you used to live, in Fukushima prefecture). Your blog makes me miss home sooooo much!!!! Algonquin park, hockey, the steam train (I haven't had a chance to take that yet!) When I need a dose of home, I check out your page. So, thanks!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Michel Lafleur said...

Hey Christelle!

Thanks for the comments, I haven't been in a blogging mood these days, but will see what I can do about getting back into the swing of things!

Take care,
M

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home